Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

3.8, but really 4 miles

I headed out Saturday morning for a 4 mile run (even though my training plan only called for 3), and somehow only ended up going 3.8. Even after extending the run when I realized I was going to come up short.


Please tell me how this happens when you run the exact same route that was 4.1 miles by GPS the week prior.


Regardless of the .3 mile discrepancy, it was nice to get out of the house with just my shoes and my music (and the new fuel belt that Husband got me for Mother's day).


I'm still super slow, and I don't really know if that's going to change any time soon.
There are days that I'm okay with it, and days that I'm super frustrated.
But I keep getting out there and running, so at least I can say that.


I signed up for the Joggermom marathon again this year, so I have to get in my 26.2 miles by the end of the month, and I got off to a slow start. I have lots of ground to make up, but with my saturday long runs getting longer, I think that I should be okay.


13 miles down, 13.2 (but really 12.9) to go!!




2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I'm so proud of you!! You are doing awesome. And I noticed you ARE getting faster, 4.5?? That's fast! Faster than me. Sad to say I'm not even try to work on speed. I just want to finish.

Kelly said...

I came across your blog from another blog I follow and loved it - I am running too (training for my first half marathon in September). Can't wait to see how your race goes...keep up the great work!

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. =)