Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Have you ever?

Just when I thought I was ready to endure anything, God is totally putting me to the test.

Two weeks ago I was sprinting at crossfit and heard a "pop" in the bottom of my foot, followed by the inability to walk without pain.

The next day I went to see an orthopedist (so thankful for amazing health insurance) and was diagnosed with a tear of my plantar fascia. It's the muscle on the bottom of your foot that runs across the arch, from your heel to the ball of your foot.

Ouch.



So I had a beautiful boot for two weeks, and now I'm back to limping in whatever shoes I choose.

The good news is, I've still been working out. My trainers came up with a program for me that includes swimming and a whole bunch of other stuff. So I'm totally staying active.

My question is, have you ever run a half marathon six weeks after an injury that keeps you from doing any impact on your foot?

Because I'm going to.
I'll let you know how it goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. =)