Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Totally Worth It

So I went out for another walk/run today to add another 3.7 miles to the total for my Joggermom Marathon. (Bringing the current total to 15.5 miles.) And had a conversation with my 2 year old that made all of this worth it.


Donovan : Mommy, why are we going for a walk?
Mommy : Because mommy needs to exercise.
Donovan: Mommy, can I exercise too?
Mommy: Sure Donovan, that's a great idea.
Donovan: Kay mommy, me exercise like you.


I know that it doesn't seem like a big deal. But to me, it totally is.
Because one of my biggest motivations for getting healthy and losing the weight is to set a good example for my kids.
So that they don't grow up fighting the sedentary lifestyle that I grew up with.
So that hopefully, they don't have to struggle with their weight, like I always have.
So the fact that my 2 year old wants to exercise, regardless of the reason, makes all of this totally worth it.


My heart is so full.

8 comments:

Life as a Caterpillar said...

Awww, that is just WONDERFUL!!!

:)
x
lesley

Chubby McGee said...

Awwwww! See! You're showing him the right way to live. What a BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL gift from a mommy to her child. :)

Unknown said...

First off, I love the name Donovan! And second, I love that he's right there with you :)

My little "trainers" keeps me going too :)

Kimberly said...

I'm with you there. You're a great mom!

Ransick said...

Totally worth it for sure! You are setting an example whether you exercise or not.

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

Lead by example. You're doing it perfectly!!

I have to say I get a bit emotional when I see things like this - kids getting into exercise or enjoying runs around a track, anything getting them physically active simply because their mother of father does it. You're setting an amazing example for them!! Keep it up!

Stephanie said...

Um yes. LOVE all of this. Especially the turtle. But the kids---yep. It's what my life is all about. :)

Unknown said...

Way to be a great role model! :)

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. =)