Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kin-Wha?

I get it. I'm late to the party. That's nothing new.


But Husband and I tried quinoa for the first time this week, and I might be a convert.


Husband cooked it in some vegetable broth (I know that some of you are checking out already because I just said my husband cooks. I get, I'm lucky. Stay with me.) and then we had some sauteed onion, bell pepper and zucchini over the top with a little bit of vinaigrette dressing. And YUM!! (next time I'm going to try some eggplant too, I love me some eggplant) 


This is totally something that I will incorporate in to our diets on a far more regular basis. It supposedly is crazy good nutritionally for you, and it is a way better choice than rice.


And I even found a recipe for some kind of breakfast quinoa thing. You know, in place of oatmeal. We'll have to see about that, but I'm excited to find something so healthy that my family enjoys!


Have you found any new foods lately that you're excited about?


2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Glad I got to catch up on your blog :) I was out of town. I'm amazed that you ran 2.5 miles at 11 min pace!!! That's very awesome and inspiring!! How was the Ladies event at your church?

Shabby Chic Mom said...

Hi, new follower! I had to click on your blog just for the turtle! My favorite!! :)
I love quinoa, my hubby does and even our 20 month old loves it!
I just watched the Hungry Girl cooking show and found out about Lavash bread, a HUGE flatbread you can cut up and bake to make chips for 200 cals :) I think we can find it at Trader Joes!

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. =)