Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Time

I think that whoever decided that there are only 24 hours in a day, obviously did not have 3 small children, a husband, a home to take care of, a part time job, the need to lose weight, and the need for sleep.


Either that, or I have horrible time management.


I'm actually going for the latter.
I can not get my stuff together. 
I keep making excuses.
For not choosing the right food.
For not getting the workout in.
I'm talking the talk, but totally not walking the walk.
I know all of these things about me.
And yet I can not seem to straighten things out.


All that I am doing right now is treading water.


At least I'm doing that?
Totally the wrong attitude.


I should be setting goals.
Making time.
Eating right.
Working out.
But I'm totally not. (unless working out twice a week counts, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't)


I am totally blaming this on bootcamp, and how hard I was working.
Telling myself that I just need a little break.
That I didn't see any results on the scale, even working as hard as I did.


And then I am reminded that losing weight is 90% diet. And so I am reminded of why this weight will not come off. I can not stop shoving food in my pie hole!
And I have zero will power when it comes to certain foods. 
I recently spent a week without going out to eat. Diligently tracking, drinking only water. Making good food choices. 
And guess what? I lost 2.4 pounds that week.
Only to gain it back the next week when my choices weren't as good. And I wasn't quite as diligent.


This is not my first rodeo, people. I have been here already.
And every time I keep gaining the weight back.
Granted, I had 3 kids in 4 years, but still.. totally not an excuse.


I have got to get my head around all of this.
I have got to start making good choices.
I have got to get this weight off!!!

1 comments:

Raegun said...

I can totally relate. I was feeling this way a couple of weeks ago. I don't even have children, but with a new promotion, staff shortage and a tonne of family-stuff going on, I was feeling out of control. Just remember, this is a long-term journey, not a sprint. Take the time you need and things will fall into place. XO

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. =)