Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Friend Makin' Mondays

Kenzie is hosting Friend Makin Monday, so I thought I would change it up a little bit and join the fun. That's right, two posts in one day. How does one do it? Anyway...







Five Little Questions... Answered



1. What was the most enjoyable part of your weekend?
Easy. Meeting Mallory's preschool teacher and watching her light up when she got to explore her new room. The innocence of children gets me every time.



2. List two or three material possessions that you can't live without.
The first is definitely my computer. I feel disconnected from the outside world without it.  The second would have to be chapstick. Sounds crazy, I know, but I love me some chapstick. It pretty much lives in my pocket 24/7.



3. Which day are you looking forward to most in the coming week?
Saturday is always my favorite day. I weigh in early in the morning and then have the whole day to spend with my family. Husband is home from work, we usually have no plans, and I get to soak up my amazing family as much as I want. But this week Thursday is a close runner up, since Mallory will be starting preschool that day. Oh, to only have two littles for a couple of hours...



4. Share one of your most embarrassing stories...
About 2 years ago, Husband and I got a little getaway weekend to Whistler, where the plan was to go skiing. He LOVES to ski, and we don't get to do it very often, since Southern California is not actually known for its winter resort type weather. Anyway, after we arrived, we went down to get all of our ski gear that we would be renting for the time that we were there. We tried on ski boots, and they did.not.fit. As in, could not get them around my calves without cutting off the circulation to my feet, did not fit. The people at the rental place did what they could, and adjusted them as far out as they could go without my feet falling out of the boots, but still. I tried to make a joke out of it, because that's how I do it, but the damage had been done. The boots were much too tight the whole trip, resulting in less skiing than I would have liked. 
Husband still had a great time, but next time, there will be more skiing, and boots that fit.




5. Share three of your "must-read" blogs and tell us why we should read them too!
Julie, at Joy's Hope is an inspiration. Not only is she hysterical, but she is real, and honest, and pretty much awesome. She is super crafty and sports amazing tutorials. I would like to be her when I grow up.


Jeanett, from life.rearranged will turn your world upside down. She has an amazingly generous heart and her story will challenge you to give what you can. And her kids are super cute, too. 


Keelie, at real fat is so honest and open about her journey. She truly is an inspiration.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. =)