Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Run Like A Mother

In trying to find inspiring and informational books about running, I chose one called "Run Like a Mother".


I read it cover to cover faster than I've read any book as of late.


And I was both inspired and encouraged.


It is written by two women who are both runners and mothers, and touches on so many of the challenges that we face on a daily basis.


I loved how they infuse their sense of humor, and I felt like we were just having a conversation about running, however one sided it may have been.


The book also includes training tips, which were kind of an added bonus, as I wasn't really expecting to find any of those.


The only drawback that I found was that they are like, MARATHON runners. And I am not. I run close to three miles, three times a week, so I felt a little bit unworthy. But that is my issue, not theirs.


My current project?


"New Rules of Lifting for Women". But this one is taking way longer to read.


What's on your nightstand?



3 comments:

Weightless said...

I'm in need of a good book. It's been a while since I've read for fun. I noticed for a long time, 3 miles was my limit. As far as I could run. Not because I couldn't run farther but because the amount of time I allowed myself to run I could only make it up to 3 miles. That was my first event to run a 5K. I ended up doing 4. I decided I wanted to be able to run further, so I've gradually pushed myself longer given myself more time. There is a saying out there... if you can run a mile, you can run a marathon. Really ;-)

Dimity and Sarah said...

Thanks for the nice words, Turtle. For what it's worth, Dimity here, and my last marathon was in 2007. I doubt I'll ever run another. 3 miles a couple times a week is definitely impressive, so don't go thinking it's not. :) Many happy miles.

Kimberly said...

I used to run...a very long time ago!!! But you know, I loved it. The other night while at the track walking, I decided to jog just a little. Boy, did I feel my age and weight!!! I have a long way to go to get to where you are, but I hope to get there someday.

Running 3 miles is awesome!!! That's nothing to sneeze at.

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. =)